Competitive? It goes without saying. The Epic Pro is a no-holds-barred kind of bike. We’ve taken our famed Epic chassis—the most efficient and capable XC racer on the market—and draped it with components that perform under the most brutal of conditions, season after season.
Race courses have evolved. They're more technical, steeper, and more challenging. The Epic stays well ahead of the curve, with handling that’s nimble, yet confident and controlled. A longer reach, slacker head angle, and custom fork offset all play a part here. Evolution, it turns out, is a beautiful thing.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you faster—never slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
• Race-proven, carbon chassis and ingenious Brain suspension—nothing’s faster.
• Lightweight, Brain-equipped RockShox SID fork—firm during sprints, plush over the hits.
• SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain bangs out perfectly executed shifts, time after time, year after year.
- Full fact 11m carbon-fiber frame combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver a peerless race bike—at any price. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic the best handling, fastest XC rig you've been on.
- Meet Brain 2.0. We mounted the latest generation Brain shock closer to the axle, making it responsive to the smallest of bumps. We also reduced oil turbulence for consistent suspension performance, no matter how big and fast the hits come. Next, we ditched the Brain’s original floating piston for a bladder system that yields even smoother action. The world’s smartest suspension just got even smarter.
- This Epic’s custom Brain-equipped RockShox SID fork is decidedly smart—firm during sprints, plush over the hits—no lockout levers required.
- SRAM's X01 Eagle drivetrain gives you the gear range to hammer any climb, as well as seasons worth of quick and precise shifts.
- Hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 25mm internal width hookless rim, ensuring great traction and minimize rolling resistance—in less geeky terms, these hoops are your ticket to instant acceleration.